Mothers Day is creeping up on us and as we are a pretty special bunch, I think we deserve some pretty special spoiling on such a day.
There’s nothing quite like dropping a big hint is there? Ahem, Mr. S – I hope you are reading. Just in case there was any avoidance of doubt, no I do not want a new sleeping bag no matter how warm and cosy it may claim to be. Neither do I want to spend my summer holiday in a muddy field but that’s a “debate” for another time..
I do however have a new shopping crush and that is the Amara store. Now I know very well that if I were to point my significantly long-suffering other half in the direction of such a store, he would be immediately overwhelmed and befuddled (what a word) by the array of luxury on offer.
That’s why I’ve pulled together my favourite 10 luxury gifts for Mothers Day together and why I will be leaving my laptop open in front of his face every evening. If you have an equally
clueless unsure partner then I suggest a similar tactic.
- Ted Baker Kenzii Crystal Button Necklace £39 – Need. Love. Need. Love. That is all.
- Radley Border Watch With Printed Face £80 – I’m an absolute stickler for time and so whilst tapping my foot impatiently, waiting for the always tardy Mr. S, I will at least have some loveliness to look at.
- Holistic Silk Lavender Eye Mask £52 – Ohhh the sheer heavenly luxuriousness of it all. I may not get all the hours of sleep required but I will sure as hell make the few I do get count whilst wearing this.
- UGG Women’s Scuffetter II Snake Slippers £85 – I actually couldn’t stop staring at these beauties. It may be a sign of my age that I am way more excited about these than a new pair of designer heels. I know which ones I will wear more often anyway.
- Joules Tourer Canvas Cross-Body Bag £40 – Joules obsessed – that’s me! I’ve been after a small, cross-body bag for ages. They are just so useful when popping out for a short amount of time when you don’t need to lug around the whole Mary Poppins carnival.
- Paper Whites Hydrangea & Vibernum in Glass Cube £55 – I’m not very good with actual living plants – as in they die a rapid death in my house. So artificial flowers are where it’s at and these are absolutely beautiful. A must have touch of femininity in my football mad house.
- Kate Spade New York Dipped Initial Notebook £16 – Kate Spade notebooks are dreamy and this is no exception. I spend my life making lists and jotting down ideas for my writing. A girl can never have too many notebooks right?! Love. Love. Love.
- Hearts Teapot Rose £45 – Tea is not tea unless it has been brewed in a pot. That’s the Northern lass in me but it’s still true. It doesn’t mean the pot has to be ugly though. This is absolutely perfect and has my name written all over it.
- Roses in White Glass With Giftbox £40 – Roses. Sweet smelling roses. All packaged up prettily. Need I say more? I’m easily pleased.
- Brogue Manicure Set £47 – This one is a splurge but sooo worth it. It’s ridiculously pretty and girlie but I’m unashamed of how much I want one.
If you are looking for a gift for Mothers Day that has that added touch of something special, then I would really recommend having a look at the Amara website and dropping some inordinately large hints to the person in charge of buying gifts.
Now don’t say I never give you anything useful.