Hasn’t this summer been just the most gorgeous thing ever? But I hope I’m not alone in saying that all the time outdoors and having fun in the sun has meant I’ve let my cleaning routines slip a little? And of course that is absolutely as it should be – we want to be out there making memories after all. I do think that there comes a time when you just get a bit fed up of the mess though and then it’s time to break out the vacuum and the mop and get some cleaning done.
I did just that this week and my home is looking and smelling so much nicer now. It’s funny how it can make you feel so much better too don’t you think? Where do you guys get your cleaning motivation from though? It can be tricky getting going again when life is so busy. For me, I’ve been getting so much motivation from the Your Vileda membership. Have you heard of it?
Basically, the community is called Your Vileda and all you do is enter and confirm your email in order to receive emails. In doing so you get notified of exclusive offers such as the current £10 off the ViledaTurbo Spin Mop (promotion running until 31 August 2018). You may also get the opportunity to test out their products – this year they offered some members the chance to test out the Vileda Turbo Spin Mop for free and the best part about that is that Vileda listen to feedback and act on it. In addition to these opportunities, members are offered the chance to win brilliant prizes such as a Kids Pass pack and free product just like the one I ran on my blog recently. There’s also a really great blog of their own with tips to make cleaning quick, motivational and efficient.
Sounds good doesn’t it? I also really love watching speed cleaning video’s on YouTube – it really motivates me seeing other people get stuck into a cleaning session weirdly! I’ve picked up quite a few new hacks to get a good but speedy clean done whilst the kids are still at home (and under my feet!) and as a Vileda ambassador, I wanted to share a few of my favourites with you:
- Use your spin mop in four different ways. I have the Vileda Turbo Spin Mop and because it spins the mop head so efficiently, I find that I can use it to clean hard floors obviously, but also skirting boards, bathroom tiles and even walls. It holds just enough water to be useful but not enough to give everything a soppy soaking. Pop a capful of Zoflora and some water in the bucket and your house will be squeaky clean and smelling amazing in no time.
- Sweep hard floors before bed – this is so much more effective than going round with a vacuum alone in my opinion. My Vileda 3 action broom picks up everything from dust to toast crumbs, to dog hair and has the added bonus of being quiet so I can do it when the kids have gone to bed. It’s also really nice to come down to a clean kitchen floor the next day.
- Choose microfibre cloths. They are so much more durable than normal cloths and have the added bonus that you can pop them in the washing machine before reusing them. Vileda have a really good, durable and colourful range to choose from. I keep mine in a little basket and colour code them; blue for the loo, pink for the sink and yellow for dusting / surfaces. This is a system that everyone in our house knows and uses too.
- Dedicate a set amount of time to cleaning each day. In the summer I just do 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins at night in order to keep on top of things. Turn off your phone and other distractions and just get stuck in – it’s surprising how much you can get done in a short amount of time.
- A robot vacuum is a fantastic device to have if you are short on time. The Vileda VR101 doesn’t just hoover, it sweeps and dusts whilst you can be getting on with something else, which is a major bonus when you’re super busy. This will basically be your best cleaning friend once you try it!
I guess there is only a few weeks left of summer now so I hope you head over to the Your Vileda community to get some inspiration and excellent savings before the back to school madness begins.
If you have any quick cleaning tips that you’d like to share then please leave them in the comments box below so we can all benefit from them.