I’ve just returned from walking the dogs. Outside it’s one of those rare, golden, last of the summer evenings. Still just about warm enough not to need a jacket but a hint of crispness is settling. The whole world seems like it is bathed in a golden haze. The fields have been ploughed and the leaves are just on the cusp of turning on their annual light show 🍂🍁
Somehow we have reached September. Summer is almost over and Autumn is just round the corner.
What a Summer it’s been! The first time in my ten years as a parent, that I have had the whole six weeks off with my child/ren. It’ll probably never happen again as I’m not having any more babies / maternity leave so I had wanted to make the absolute most of this one. And we certainly did! Here’s our Summer 2016 highlights:
- We kicked off our six weeks of summer with a family holiday to Tenerife with Thomas Cook and whilst I wouldn’t visit the island again any time soon, we did have a mostly enjoyable week.
- An Olympic weekend followed in London with family. It was SO hot that weekend! I think it got way past 30degrees and the older children took full advantage by camping out in the back garden. So much fun!
- If you look back on my Summer Bucket List you’ll see that one of the things we wanted to do was visit Chester Zoo. It’s the biggest and best zoo around with so much to see and do for everyone. I vlogged the day for YouTube and I’m so glad I did. I love photographs but there is something so special about looking back at video footage once the kids are grown up.
- Another utterly gorgeous weekend followed, this time in Yorkshire. We had brilliant weather for all our trips – we were so lucky! It was on this trip that I captured some of my all time favourite shots of the kids.
- Last but certainly not least was our family holiday to France. We stayed at the Le Brasilia campsite with Eurocamp and it was utter magic. We had heard good things about Eurocamp holidays but this exceeded any expectation we arrived with. I didn’t review it, vlog or even take many pictures as I was there having a true blogging break. I really wish I had taken more pictures but I did capture a few lovely ones. This is one of my favourites of Zak and Sophie playing on the beach.
All in all a wonderful Summer. I wasn’t one of those parents whooping for joy that the kids were going back to school this year. In fact, I felt quite deflated by it and wished we could have hung on a little bit longer.
Still, it was a Summer to remember and we can look forward to Autumn now. Autumn is without a doubt my favourite of all the seasons. In fact, I can feel another bucket list coming on….