What’s Hot and What’s Not is a new thing on A Mum Track Mind. Each week I am going to write a quick list of my high’s and low’s (what was hot and what was not) from the past week; a sort of online diary if you like. I find that the days are just whizzing past. I can’t seem to keep up with what day I’m on, least of all remember what happened last week.
I’m on maternity leave with my final child *sobs* and I told myself that I would stop and savour each day, no matter how shitty (literally) and yet I find myself busier than ever. A mixture of sleepless nights, long days running around after my crazy family and the all-consuming business of blogging is making it difficult to stop and smell the roses, or nappies or whatever. Anyway, I just want to write it down so I can look back and remember all hotness and notness (not a word but it should be) that made up 2016.
- Seeing my Domain Authority (DA) jump up a lot higher than I expected. I’ve been working really hard on this so it was lovely to see such an unexpected rise.
- Mr S bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers just because.
- Booking our family summer holiday. We are taking the kids to the South of France for a week of sun, sea and sand in August which sounds amazing.
- Looking forward to #BML16 – I’ve been excited for this for months!
- We had a lovely Father’s Day family meal on Sunday at the Mother-in-Law’s. Fab company and I didn’t have to cook or wash up – bonus!
- Zak was awarded his Silver Award from Scouts this week – a big achievement and a proud moment.
- My linky #fortheloveofBLOG trended on Twitter all of Saturday morning! Just a bit exciting!
- Sophie has whooping cough. This has without a doubt been the worst thing about this week. Nobody wants to see their children sick but we have had to fight for the diagnosis which has made it much more stressful. Sophie is fully vaccinated and yet inexplicably has still contracted the infection. It’s a horrible illness and we have a long way to go before she makes a full recovery. Fingers crossed no more hospital stays though!
- I’ve been comfort eating, which means I’ve put two pounds on instead of losing them this week. Booo.
So that’s it for this week. What was hot and what was not so hot for you? Let me know in the comments box below.