Hi and welcome back to my new series ‘What’s Hot & What’s Not’. Each week I am going to stop, take a breath and try to note down the highs and lows of the week. If you missed last week’s instalment then you can read it here.
- The highlight of the week came from attending BritMums Live in fancy pants London town last Saturday. BML16 was my first blogging event and it was as exciting and nerve wracking as you might expect. I learned a lot, laughed a lot, met lots of new people and generally had a brilliant day. You can read about my experience here.
- Sophie has definitely turned a corner with the whooping cough and has finally stopped coughing to the point where she stops breathing. It was such an awful thing to watch her go through and I’m so pleased to see her on the mend.
- For the first time this week, Sophie is taking notice of the bedtime story. I have been reading the same story (Guess How Much I Love You) to her every night before bed for about three months now. This week she finally sat up (literally) and took notice of the book. All these little milestones happen so fast and I just wanted to note that one down.
- I have noticed a big spike in my stats this week – almost double the usual amount! I think this is down to my new, more frequent posting schedule. Blogging is hard work sometimes so it’s really exciting when you start to see the rewards.
- I’ve lost three pounds this week! *does happy dance*
- On Saturday I received a text telling me that my Granny had passed away. Without a doubt, this has been the worst part of the week. She was much loved and will be so very missed. I don’t want to say too much about it but it’s been a pretty rubbish week to be honest even with all the ‘what’s hot’ listed above.
- The EU Referendum vote really upset me. I can’t imagine a Great Britain isolated away from Europe and it makes me sad and worried for my children’s future here in particular. I wrote a post about it here if you want to read it.
So that’s it for this week. How was your week? What were you high’s and low’s? I’d love to know so leave a comment.
See you next week