I don’t know about you but my beauty bags (plural, let’s be real) are jam packed with summer beauty products to get me holiday ready. As an ex-beauty counter employee and a bit of a BirchBox fan, I have so many summer beauty products bursting out of drawers and cosmetic bags in my dressing room and bathroom that it’s hard to know which ones to reach for. Nevertheless, as I am off on holiday soon, it’s time to pull out all the stops and beautify from head to toe.
This year for the first time in ages, I am exceptionally proud of my body. Not only has it housed and grown two actual human beings but thanks to clean eating and a new fitness regime, it is looking and feeling better than I can ever remember. In fact, for the first time in about six years, I am daring to bare in a bikini this summer!
Obviously this is really exciting for me but it is also still nerve wracking! So then, for this post I have rounded up my most glamorous blogging buddies to provide the definitive guide to head to toe summer beauty products. These products are hard working and mostly budget friendly with the odd pop off luxury for those of you with a bigger budget. Tried and tested by busy mums’ in the know, this is your definitive guide to the best summer beauty products out there at the moment.
The best summer beauty products
- Magnitone London WellHeeled! Express pedicure system – this is my top pick. After months of hiding my ugly trotters away in chunky boots and tights, I have finally dared to bare after using this brilliant product. It gently and effectively buffs away that quite frankly gross, dry skin and leaves you with salon soft feet. I love this product – it is definitely the best my feet have looked and felt in a long time.
- Laura who blogs at Five Little Doves recommends getting a good fake tan on and her pick of the best is the Skinny tan Mousse.
- Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. Removes all traces of your makeup and leaves you skin feeling amazing! Great for packing in your suitcase as its not a liquid and wont leak – The UnNatural Mother.
- Rimmel’s Insta flawless is a favourite of mine, providing a decent base but with a light enough coverage that it still feels comfortable in the hot weather. At under £7 a pop, it’s a bit of a bargain too! – The diary of a frugal family.
- Bobbi Brown bronzing powder. Great for giving you a sun-kissed look without making you shimmery (ugh), also perfect for calming down any slightly pink cheeks and noses on holiday! I’m so sad I smashed mine on the floor this week – Devon Mama.
- Clinique mineral sunscreen, does what it says on the tin. I have enough sun spots and don’t want anymore thank you. Goes on really well and make up glides on after – Talking Mums.
- Olay’s Everyday Sunshine Moisturiser. Its lightweight on and gives a hint of sunkissed colour to my pale skin – Confessions of a new Mummy.
- MAC Cosmetics – Conditioner Lip Balm – ooooh , this saves burnt, sore, dry chapped lips – its heavenly! – Family travel with Ellie.
- Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body Cream. Smells lovely, keeps the skin hydrated (especially nice after a day in the sun), and cruelty free! – Bare mother.
- Simple coconut oil. It’s a great make up remover, face cleanser and on holiday it instantly soothes heat rash and helps prevent flaking of tanned (burnt ) skin. If I had to give up all other creams I would be fine as long as I had coconut oil – Winnettes.
- Thank you Farmer SPF 50 for the face. It doesn’t leave you all white, works on my sensitive skin and is amazing – Mum in the madhouse.
- It’s a pricey one but I am really missing it at the moment. It’s Checks and Balances Face Wash by Origins, my skin always feel super clean after using it, and currently nothing has come close – The Pramshed.
So these are all the products that we have been loving this summer but what are your must-have summer beauty products? I’d love to read about them so leave a comment in the box below.
Until next time