Blogging resolutions. I wrote a whole load of them last July and promptly failed to live up to them come December. Slight cringe as I type that to be honest but you can read all about how I got on in 2016 here should you so wish.
So for 2017, I think it is a good idea to draw a line in the sand and write out some fresh objectives. In the corporate world they would call this a five year plan and bore us all to death talking about how we should visualise who and where we want to be in five years. I can’t deal in five years though. Hell, five minutes is often a challenge these days.
If I sit and focus, I can probably create a one year plan though. So let’s get on with it.
What Are My 2017 Blogging Resolutions?
Although I’m really pleased that so many of you read and return to engage with my ramblings, I would love to grow my blog and take it to the next level in terms of traffic.
How many people read and more importantly, return to this blog is going to be the main way that I define success this coming year. If you’re not reading then I’m basically just talking to myself!
In order to coax you in for a chat and a brew on a regular basis, I am going to be offering the following friendly services:
- free chocolate hobnobs for all my readers…
- OR a more regular posting schedule of Monday’s, Friday’s and Saturday’s. Not only that but I will be popping up a weekly vlog over on YouTube on a Saturday morning if that’s your thing.
- Hands up who has been loving #fortheloveofBLOG in 2016?! Well, exciting new Linky developments on #fortheloveofBLOG are coming your way! Including a new Facebook community page, special guest hosts, helpful blog clinics, twitter chat and more besides.
- I’m so happy to see that so many of you have signed up to my email distribution list and so to celebrate I will be sending out a proper newsletter once a month with a round up of my work/posts/vlogs/gossip/life. Watch out for that if you have signed up because there are going to be some exciting giveaways, competitions and juicy tit bits to be included that are only going to be available to my subscribers. If you haven’t signed up yet then I would lurrve to have you here. Drop your email into the ‘Follow Me’ bar on the right hand side of the page for those of you on a computer or at the bottom of the screen if you are on a mobile. That’s the one just underneath the ‘About Me’ picture.
What am I going to be focusing on in 2017?
When I started the blog I pitched myself as family, travel and lifestyle blogger but to be honest I’m not sure that’s exactly right anymore. I do LOVE to travel but with two kids, two step kids and a Shaun as well as two dogs to put into doggie boarding it can really add up. This means we don’t get away as much as we’d like these days (sadly). If and when we do dust our passports off, I will save you a spot in my suitcase though.
Area’s I will be writing about:
- my life as a mum of two – including a no holds barred, blow by blow account of the wins and erm, not so winning moments. There will be family travel sometimes, there will also be food, fashion, accounts of surviving life with a pre-teen AND a toddler and possibly *whispers it* the occasional crafty type post (eek!)
- a working mums survival guide to get us all through when the week. Think constructive career advice, sharing my own career highs and lows, a place to share your successes / tips with guest posts, work fashion, bits of time saving beautifying tricks and some seriously useful life hacks that I’ve picked up along the way. Of course if you are a blogger then you can check in for my latest blogger tips and tricks as well. Sharing is caring after all.
- lets talk about REAL issues. Just because we are parents, doesn’t mean we don’t have brains or the ability to talk about actual topical news. Ok, pre-coffee it means absolutely that but get an espresso
martiniin you and lets talk politics / current affairs and big, grown up stuff from time to time, yeah?
- Being a Mum. Let’s chat about what we love, what makes us feel good and how to cope when the going gets rough.
That’ll do for now. I don’t want to over commit myself to achieving too much alongside keeping two human’s alive, working a three day week and attempting to shave my legs at least once a month. Priorities and all.
I might pop up a NY resolutions for my actual life at some point if I can get round to considering it. That will take some thinking about!
So now it’s your turn. I want to know what your resolutions are… lemme know in the comments box below and don’t forget to subscribe using the box in the sidebar so you can make sure I’m sticking to my 2017 resolutions and I can help you with yours.
Happy New Year you and may the Prosecco be ever in your favour.