Ultimate Chocolate Brownies – Best Vegan Recipe ever!
Oh hello – I’m just over here with a big ol’ cup of Lancashire tea, dipping my feet into this food blogging malarkey with a classic recipe for vegan chocolate brownies.
Being that I’m lactose intolerant, I probably do 99% of my baking dairy-free and I whip these brownies up for the fam, once a month or so. So far, nobody has realised that they are actually a vegan recipe. In fact I’ve never really noticed they’re vegan either – I just know I can eat one too many of them…
Anyhoo, I suppose this is evidence that it’s not all that difficult to wheedle in a few vegan recipes to your normal family feeding. I feel like giving myself a big vegan pat on the back and hiding my head in dairy-free shame all at the same time for pulling the wool over their eyes. But hey, they’re getting free brownies, they’re loving them and a teeny little dairy cow is saluting me from her pasture.
Chocolate Brownie Ingredients
- 170g/ 6oz self- raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 170g/ 6oz caster sugar
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 230ml/ 8fl oz sweetened soya milk (we use Alpro soya)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas 4.
- Grease and flour a 20cm/ 8in square cake tin with some of the sunflower oil.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, salt, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add the oil, soya milk and vanilla extract and mix carefully together until completely mixed.
- Pour into the tin, and bake for about 25 minutes until the brownies spring back when gently pressed.
- Leave to cool for five minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Serve warm from the oven as they are, with a dollop of dairy-free ice cream, or covered in dairy-free melted chocolate.
For a full vegan cheat-sheet with the best meat and dairy free alternatives on the market, bonus recipes and meal plans, sign up for my weekly newsletter below.
You can also pop over to my Pinterest boards for more of the best vegan recipes ideas or give me a shout on socials with any tips or tricks!